in Innovative Services in Supply Chain Logistics and Yard Management
Overview of Warehouse Management and Parts Metering responsibilities
Parts Follow Up
- Live Unload inbound.
- Receive flash check inbound. (Scanning)
- Receive one daily order.
- Process one meter per vehicle line per shift.
- Update & manage warehouse inventory levels.
- Time stamp & record all inventory transactions in Std Parts system.
- Weekly inventory & FIFO audits
- Random QDCs
- Daily Analysis of all parts to 3.5 days out.
- Request, track, and process all expedites.
- Ensure accurate coding on expedites.
- Process backorder reports for possible misuse, or spec errors.
- Request stock counts from your standard parts handlers, and adjust records.
- Manage resource actions.(Huck Fasteners, Reliant Fasteners)
- Adjust records daily for known misuse/spec error/floor scrap, using assigned
C-4 codes to denote charge-back to appropriate department.
- Assist Suppliers in CUM discrepancies.
- Process ODC/Supplier/Carrier Performance write ups.
- Quarterly Flow Rack audits
Plant Drop Zone/Flow Rack Maintenance
- Investigate line calls & other part issue triggers for root cause.
- Discuss issues with production supervisors & operators.
- Verify Easi release matches production process usage.
- Provide usage resolution updates at weekly plant PCN meetings.
- Examine potential commonization opportunities.
- Advise PVT of potential substitutes in critical part situations.
Balance Out/Launch Duties
- Set Min/Max levels for all Std Parts, and maintain through scheduling,
and other changes that effect usage.
- Process Drop Zone/Flow Rack changes due to point of use redesigns.
Assist in assigning locations for Drop Zone/Flow Racks.
- Update & maintain Drop Zone/Flow Rack write up matrix. Report out
- Attend Plant FPS meeting.
- Review balance out parts for process change accuracy.
- Follow balance out parts a minimum of fourteen days prior to balance
- Quarantine and remove balance out parts.
- Coordinate final shipments with suppliers to limit in plant stock obsolescence.
- Determine line feed location and assign Drop Zone/Flow Rack.
- Hand pick pre-build stock orders to satisfy minimum stock requirements